Reliable Residential Air Conditioning Repairs in South Carolina
Summers in South Carolina can be extremely warm and humid, and you'll need a properly functioning air conditioner to help you beat the heat. If your AC stops working, you can count on the experts at Swift Services Heating & Cooling for prompt and efficient ac repair in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas. Whether you have a heat pump or a central air conditioner, our team is well-versed in servicing and repairing all major brands and models of AC systems.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Whether the air coming out of your vents doesn't feel quite cool enough or you've noticed that your bill seems a little higher than it did at this time last year, there are a few subtle signs your air conditioner isn't working as effectively as it should be.
Your AC might Need To Be Fixed if You notice:
- Lack of cool air - the air coming out of your vents needs to be at least 20 degrees cooler than the intake air in order to be able to effectively cool it.
- Water leaking from unit - if you have a central air conditioner and notice water pooling around your air handler there may be a problem in the drain pan or condensate line. You should have a professional take a look to prevent further damage to your unit.
- Strange smells or loud noises - if you notice the smell of rotten eggs or sulfur coming out of your vents or hear loud grinding and banging noises, your air conditioner likely needs a tune-up.
- Sudden spike in utility bill - it's normal for your bill to go up during the summer months as you begin to use your air conditioner more frequently, but if you notice a spike in the bill outside of the realm of normal, you should have a professional take a look at your air conditioner to make sure it's operating as effectively as it should be.
If you notice any of the above signs, it's important to call for professional repair as soon as possible to help keep your AC operating all summer long. We will always attempt to repair your air conditioner, but sometimes replacement is the more cost-effective option. Our team will perform a diagnostic on your central air conditioner and provide you with a breakdown of what the solution will entail. Our trucks are well-stocked so we're able to perform repairs on the spot without having to order additional parts. We also provide our customers with the option of signing up to our Maintenance Plan for as low as $99/mo to help keep their AC units in working order for longer.
What are Common Problems That Arise with Air Conditioners?
Our mission is to help you create air conditioning solutions that save you money and keep you comfortable. We aren’t in the business of charging you more than you should pay for quality services.
This is why we are committed to helping you with easy repairs, even if it means you don’t need to call our professional team for every problem!
Below are a few simple solutions you can fix yourself at home:
What Does it mean When Your Air Conditioner Won't Turn on?
The Problem: Your air conditioner won’t turn on
- Replace the thermostat batteries with new ones.
- Check the settings to ensure the unit is set to “cooling.”
- Check the circuit breaker to ensure it’s not tripped. You can reset the breaker by turning the switch off and then on again.
If you troubleshoot all of the above and don’t see results, it may be time to call in our team to investigate further and try some repairs.
How Do You Fix an Air Conditioner That Keeps Turning On and Off?
The Problem: The cooling unit keeps switching off and on.
- Inspect the air filter. If the filter is clogged, replace the filter and see results.
When a filter is clogged, it can cause damage to the blower motor in the unit, which results in it switching on and off repeatedly. It can then cause your energy bill to increase drastically and the lifespan of your unit to decrease. Replacing your filter on time can cut energy costs by up to 15 percent.
What Should YOu Do If Your AC Is NOt Working Properly Even After Checking Main Components?
The Problem: The unit is not working properly.
- Inspect the unit outdoors for debris or obstacles. Check the condenser coil and the grille. Clear the unit of all debris, and wait for results.
If the unit outside is not blocked or dirty, the problem may be deeper. Our team at Swift Services is here to help you find a solution.
What You Get When You Call Swift Services
At Swift Services, our clients receive complete repair services. Our grade-A customer service begins the minute you give us a call.
With flexible scheduling and prompt arrival, we cater to those with busy families and work schedules. We won’t leave you waiting hours with a wide, unspecific window of time when we may show up.
Our company prides itself on making our services convenient for all Myrtle Beach residents. You can expect a combination of quality, efficiency and money-saving opportunities when you schedule repairs with our team at Swift Services.
Our world-class repair services include:
- Flexible scheduling
- Prompt arrival and completion of repairs
- Certified technicians
- A thorough analysis of your heating and cooling system
- Detailed reports of the technician’s findings so you aren’t charged for anything you don’t need
- A smart and simple air conditioning repair plan that keeps you under budget
- System performance verification
Contact Swift Services for All of Your AC Repair Needs
When you receive quality repairs, you:
- Save money on your utility bill
- Reduce the need for future repairs
- Lengthen the lifespan of your heating and air conditioning system
Reach out to our friendly and professional team for fast, smart repairs that help you save money and stay cool in the hot Myrtle Beach, SC, summers. We pride ourselves on maintaining long-term client relationships and would love to help you find the best repairs and solutions for your heating and cooling system.
Whether you are dealing with a leak, a system failure or faulty HVAC, trust Swift Services with your Myrtle Beach business today! We service all types of AC systems, including heat pump repair and maintenance.