Myrtle Beach Heat Pump Repair
Common Heat Pump Problems
If your heat pump isn’t working correctly, several issues could be affecting its functionality:
- Thermostat issues. Check to see if your programmable thermostat is set to the right setting, and make sure the heat comes on at the correct time. If everything looks okay, the issue might be that the thermostat isn’t calibrated correctly, and the temperature in your Myrtle Beach, SC, home is being misread.
- Power loss. A tripped breaker might cause a problem with your pump. Make sure all of your breakers are in the right position. If this happens regularly, it could be a sign of an electrical failure, which needs to be serviced professionally.
- Broken reversing valve. Reversing valves allow the heat pump to serve the function of both an air conditioner and a heating unit. It works by reversing the direction of the refrigerant. If your pump turns on for cool air – but not warm air – it may be a sign that your reversing valve is broken.
- Blocked unit. Heat pumps pull heat from the outside air into your North Myrtle Beach, SC, area home. If the airflow is blocked by leaves, snow, ice, or another substance, your heat pump may be struggling to perform correctly. The solution to this is simple. Just clean off the heat pump and remove debris.
- Low refrigerant charge. If the refrigerant levels in your unit are too low – probably because of a leak – your heat pump will have a hard time bringing heat into your Myrtle Beach, SC, home. Have a professional come out to check the levels.
- Dirty air filter. Air filters catch dirt and debris. If too much collects, it can start to block airflow to the compressor, which is the component that heats up the air. Check your filter regularly, and replace it when needed.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Being safe and comfortable in your Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, house is essential, and that’s why HVAC repair is one of the most important investments that you should make.
Avoid Costly Repairs
By regularly maintaining your pump system, you avoid malfunctions that lead to expensive repairs.
When you work with a team of knowledgeable experts like Swift Services, you can feel confident that your air conditioning and heating system will work perfectly, season after season.
What to Expect When Working with Swift Services
Heat pumps are becoming increasingly popular in homes across the country and for good reason. Heat pump systems are effective and provide year-round comfort with only the flip of a switch.
When you work with our North Myrtle Beach team of heating and air conditioning experts, you get:
- Fair, up-front pricing
- Professional, same-day friendly service
- 100% guarantee on the quality of our work
Contact Swift Services for Your Myrtle Beach Heat Pump Repair Needs
If you’re concerned that your heat pump isn’t running efficiently, call or contact Swift Services for repair or new HVAC system installation service as soon as possible. For many years, we’ve provided residents of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with high-quality and transparent services. We also service Surfside Beach, SC, North Myrtle Beach, SC, and the surrounding areas.
Our team of certified heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality technicians in North Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas is eager to help you resolve the issues with your unit and help you get back to living comfortably.
Whether you need to install a new heat pump or repair your existing one, our team of professionals can help. To schedule an appointment, you can fill out the contact form on our website or give us a call at (843) 352-6427.