How to Know If Your Carolina Forest AC System Needs to Be Repaired
If you aren’t looking to replace your old system with a new one, a few simple repairs may be all you need. Stopping issues before they evolve into larger ones will save you money in the long run.
If you are experiencing any of the following problems, you should get in touch with Swift Services:
- High levels of humidity
- Strange smells
- No cool air
- Electrical problems
- Constant cycling on and off
- Less consistent airflow
- Refrigerant leaks
- Strange sounds coming from the system
- Water leakage
- Ice on the coils or refrigerant lines
Not sure if what you’re seeing, smelling or hearing are signs of a faulty system? Let our experts at Swift Services examine the situation for you.
When You Should Replace Your System Instead of Repairing It
If small repairs here and there are all you need, that’s great. But eventually, there comes a point where it’s more cost effective and convenient to replace the system altogether, rather than continuing to make repairs. Here are reasons to replace instead of repair:
- Your unit is older than 10 years: New units or those under 10 years are less likely to experience major issues.
- It isn’t energy efficient: Models that are energy efficient will save you money. If your unit has poor efficiency, it could be time to replace it.
- It’s leaking: Leaks are tricky. They may have an easy solution. Or they may be difficult to pinpoint and cause water damage.
- It’s in need of repairs often: If you are constantly spending money on repairs for your unit, it may be more cost effective to buy a new unit.
However, you may only need repair work if:
- Your unit is fairly new: There’s a good chance we can repair a newer unit.
- A repair will increase home efficiency: We always try to save a unit before replacing it, so if a repair will be more efficient, we’ll do it.
- It doesn’t have a history of repairs: If your unit has never needed to be repaired before, we can likely fix it. Units that have undergone many repairs in the past probably need replacing – and sometimes replacement is more cost efficient than repairing a machine multiple times.
Call Swift Services Today for Air Conditioning Repair and Installation Services in Carolina Forest
If you want to take charge of your air conditioner, we have the expertise to get your system up to speed! Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment for Carolina Forest, SC, air conditioning service. We also provide heating and air conditioning service to Myrtle Beach, SC, and all of the surrounding areas.