Signs of Circuit Breaker Issues
Circuit breaker trips or power fuses are due to an overload of appliances on one circuit. If you unplug these appliances, you can reset the breaker and sort the problem. One-off fuses may not be an issue.
However, if you notice any of these signs, you may want to call out an electrician as soon as possible:
- Circuit breaker trips happen frequently – especially when systems are not overloaded
- A circuit breaker that will not reset. Other similar issues include the reset switch flips immediately, won’t move or stays put in the middle even when electricity demand has been reduced
- Heat coming from a circuit or a section on the panel that is hot
- An odor, particularly a burning smell, coming from the electrical panel. This will be a sign of overheating
- Physical damage – If you can see scorch marks around your paneling, this is a very high-risk sign. Call a professional electrician immediately
If you experience any of these, you will need a new circuit installed or a repair to your breaker box. You may also need other parts of your electrical system replaced. By doing this, your home will be up to scratch on its electrical systems, and you’ll ensure that you and your family remain safe.
Contact Our Team of Certified Electricians
If you suspect something is not right with the circuit breakers in your home, you should leave it to a professional electrical contractor. There is too much risk to attempt a DIY repair on electricals, with the results being potentially fatal.
Our team of electricians are fully qualified to provide a safe, friendly and professional service. We are licensed to do the electrical job and get your electricity flowing safely and efficiently in your home. Call us today for all of your home’s electrical services!